Did you know, a periodontist is a specialist in the realm of dentistry? Yes, it’s true! In fact, periodontists are an excellent choice to help with conditions like gum disease because of there years of extra training and experience with it. A periodontist can improve your oral health in a plethora of ways.
Our dentist, Dr. Smith, is happy to help you learn more about periodontics, so you can make sure you are seeing the best doctor for your unique needs. That is why, our team at Scott A. Smith DDS in Merced, California, is happy to share some insight on basics of periodontics.
Here is a list of basic information on why you should choose a periodontist:
– Scaling and root planning, as well as root service debridements, can be attained and administered by your periodontist.
– Periodontics is a field of dentistry designed to focus entirely on periodontal disease and issues associated with gum tissue problems.
– Through the use of periodontics, gum disease can be properly treated.
– If you require the installation or repair of a dental implant, visit your periodontist.
– A periodontist will still need three additional years of schooling after their standard dental schooling.
Periodontics is an important branch that is helpful and useful to your smile. If you have questions about our practice, or if you need a periodontist expert, please call us today at 209-205-4657 to make an appointment. We are happy to see your smile.