The LANAP® Periodontal (gum) disease can have a significant impact on your life. When not diagnosed and treated promptly, gum disease can lead to tooth loss, bone loss, and gum recession, and can contribute to a number of other harmful medical and dental conditions. Dr. Smith provides LANAP® laser gum treatments to help treat periodontal disease and restore your oral health.
LANAP is an FDA-approved laser therapy. Using the advanced PerioLase® MVP-7™ laser, it targets and vaporizes the disease-causing bacteria in your mouth. LANAP is a very gentle procedure, and does not involve any cutting or suturing, which means less pain and discomfort during and after your treatment. You will often experience immediate results, faster healing, and the ability to return to normal daily activities immediately following your procedure. LANAP gum surgery is also much less invasive, and helps you maintain a beautiful smile line. With LANAP, you can begin regaining your oral health comfortably and without fear.
Some of the benefits of the LANAP protocol include:
- Faster healing – LANAP is minimally invasive, allowing your body to recover and heal more quickly.
- Less discomfort – patients who receive LANAP report less discomfort during and after surgery.
- Reduced recovery time – most patients can immediately return to their daily routine following treatment.
- Little to no gum recession – LANAP does not require any cutting of your gums, which reduces your risk of gum recession and helps maintain your beautiful smile.
- Reduced gum inflammation and bleeding – the PerioLase® MVP-7™ targets inflammatory bacteria, but does not injure healthy tissue!
- Saves teeth – Patients who receive LANAP treatment can keep their natural teeth, even when those teeth have been deemed “hopeless” by traditional treatments.
- Safe for patients with health concerns – LANAP is safe for all patients, including those with diabetes, HIV, hemophilia, or who take medications such as Plavix.
We welcome you to contact our office today to schedule your consultation with Dr. Smith, our skilled Periodontist, and learn more about LANAP laser gum treatment. Take care of your oral and total health today!