Gum disease, also known as periodontal disease, can strike at any moment. Unfortunately, it can go undetected for many years and continue to progress and advance over time. Thus, it is important to look for the common symptoms of gum disease, so you can make sure you are keeping your mouth safe from its grasp. Listed below are a few common symptoms of gum disease that may be present:
– Look for signs of gums that bleed frequently while eating or while brushing and flossing on a daily basis. This includes blood spotting that is present on your toothbrush.
– Tooth sensitivity often arises with gum disease and allows healthy teeth to feel extra movable or out of position.
– If you’ve noticed any gum recession occurring with your smile, which refers to your gums pulling back away from the teeth, it may be linked to gum disease.
– Always look for signs of gum disease including inflammation, extensive swelling, or tenderness when your gums are touched.
– Other conditions that often arise in conjunction with gum disease include halitosis, also known as bad breath.
– If you notice any loose or separating teeth or your teeth are becoming unstable, it could be linked to issues with your gum tissue.
– Indications of pus or sores between your gums or teeth or painful chewing sensations when you eat are often linked to gum disease.
Dr. Smith and our team would love to see you at our dentist office in Merced, California. Our dentist at Scott A. Smith DDS can help you find which gum disease treatment will work best for you. To set up an appointment, please call us at 209-205-4657.